Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is Change really coming?

"Today, I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. To make this nation stronger and better, I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust."
"We have one country, one Constitution and one future that binds us. And when we come together and work together, there is no limit to the greatness of America."
"And, to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your president, too."
"Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long."

President-elect Barack Obama, whose singular platform was based on a word, Change, made these statements last night during his victory speech in Chicago.

Actually...he only made two of the above statements last night. Can you guess which ones? Hint: It's not the first, nor is it the second. So, who made the first two you ask? The 43rd President of the United States of America, George W. Bush during his victory speech in 2004. They look and sound so similar don't they? So, is this the Change the people seek?

No comments: